Figuring out...Me

Sunday, July 23, 2017



I felt lost.

Lost in every sense of the word.  

 Blogging for me has always been something that I've wanted to expand into everything. I love blogging so much. I love writing. I love creating engaging content and I love having a voice, but that doesn't mean that it isn't difficult. It doesn't mean that I'm always able to blog to the standard that I would like. More often than not, it seems that my life just keeps getting in the way and sometimes I do get discouraged. Sometimes I want to stop trying, but I won't. 

My blog has always been my safe space. It's always been a place for me to be able to get my words across, to share myself and what I'm passionate about. Just lately, I haven't been able to do that. Some of it is just me, a lot of it is the circumstances. The circumstances are what keeps making this so difficult.  Life can get in the way, priorities shift and lately I've haven't caught a break. I've had personal issues, transitioning jobs, starting my career, saving all my extra money for a new car, etc. So no, I don't have the money to travel or go shopping or buy new clothes all the time, but this isn't what my blog is just about. My goal is to resonate with you. My goal is to show you my real life in any way that I can. Sometimes you won't always see new outfits because maybe money was just a little too tight that month. Sometimes you won't see me traveling somewhere cool because maybe I'm spending my money and time on other things.

Honestly.. who isn't going through those problems though? I just feel we all have become to used to showing the best of what we have. So you'll see a bit of everything the good, the bad, the in between. Maybe I'll share the songs that are getting me through the day, perhaps I'll offer some advice or share a personal experience and that all should be okay. After all we're all human, we all have our own personal struggles, and there's more that goes on than what you see on Instagram or in a picture. Some people want to just show you the good, but I want to show you everything. Yes, I struggle. Yes, I have bad days. I just want to be honest with myself and with you, but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to give you the best content I have to offer, so let's just start again. 

Hi. My name is Jazz and welcome to my blog and since I've had a ton of new followers I'd like to introduce, or.. reintroduce you to who I am so you can get to know me. It's been a long time since I've done one of these. So let's begin again. 

1. My full name is Jasmine and I'm named after the Disney Princess. My older sister was obsessed with the movie when she was younger, but everyone (but my Grandfather) calls me Jazz.
2. I have one older sister and brother and a baby brother. So, I'm a middle child.
3. I don't have a relationship with my mother and I don't know my dad. My grandparents raised me and for that I owe them everything. 
4. My grandfather is my rock. He's my everything. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him. I wish we could spend more time together..he gives the best advice even when I don't always take it to heart.
5. Growing up, I was involved in a ton of sports. From gymnastics, to soccer, to ice and field hockey I did it all.
6. I grew up in New Jersey for most of my life, moved to Nevada for the duration of high school, and went to college in California where I currently reside.
7. I have this weird obsession with cows. I just love them.
8. I'm probably the most sensitive person you'll ever meet, but that's just because I've been through a lot.
9. My heart is probably bigger than it should be - I tend to see the good in people and situations I'm better off without.
10. I love movies. Hence, my major in film production. I can spend days on end watching shows and movies and I'm perfectly content.
11. I'm a very poetic person. I write spoken word and songs I'll only say and sing for myself.
12. I don't like being vulnerable, but I'll allow myself to be for the right people. 
13. I'm been through some terrible situations, but I'm forever working on myself. I struggle with both depression and anxiety, and I used to be scared to admit that to people much less strangers, but now I'm not ashamed of my struggles or my past as they've made me the incredible person I am today. 
14. I fall in love slowly, but when I fall I fall completely and give 109% percent to that person. I don't hold back. It makes falling incredibly difficult when it falls apart.
15. I was bullied throughout my entire high school career which led me to nearly dropping out, but instead I went to online school to finish out both my junior and senior years.
16. I moved to California by myself for a fresh start. Best decision I've made for myself.
17. I love photography. (Isn't this a no brainer?)
18. I want to spend time traveling when the money and time allows. It's my dream to spend time in Bali and Nepal. 
19. Oh, and I like unicorns.




So know you know a little about me. I challenge you to share ONE FACT about you! What makes you who you are? 


Let me know in the comments below!


xoxo 


Jazz

Post a Comment

© All That Jazz. Design by FCD.