New Beginnings + 10 Facts About Me

Sunday, August 5, 2018


I'm finally back.

I can't believe it's really been almost eight months since I've last blogged. Honestly, I didn't realize how much I miss writing until I started on this post or just how much time has passed. I've fallen off the wagon ya'll...I know. My life has been an and up and down whirlwind for the last year. I've started new jobs, lost jobs, dealt with heartbreak, lost the most important person to me in my life, struggled financially, continuing to battle mental illness, and life itself has just been so HARD. It's caused me to stop doing a lot of the things that have always brought me so much passion and joy and honestly I regret doing that. I've been so hard on myself. In general, I'm so hard on myself because I constantly feel like I'm not good enough in so many aspects of my life. Lately, I realized I need to get back to doing the things that make me feel whole and for me that's this - it's writing, it's photography, it's editing. This has always been my happy place. So I'm back. I'm so excited to create new content but that comes with my own set of expectations. I'm done getting caught up in what everyone else is doing on social media, what my favorite influencers are doing, how I should try to be, where everyone is going. As much as I want to, I can't keep up. And it's not my life. I can't afford to do much of anything right now, but that's okay. How can I complain? I'm alive. I'm blessed. I have an amazing job. A great family. A man I'm in love with. So what I can't buy all the things I want, so what I can't go the places I long to go but my boyfriend had to remind me: To stop being upset about it. It's the situation - not a forever thing.

Things will eventually be different. I'll be in a different place in time. So in the meantime, I'm going to do what I can do with what I have and for those who have been along for this ride and for my new friends in this beautiful community I hope that'll be enough. Since it's been so LONG and since I've gained new friends and followers I think it's only necessary to share some facts about me, so here we go!

1. My name is Jasmine but everyone calls me Jazz.  I'm twenty-six years old and I currently work in influencer marketing for the most amazing company.
2. I have the biggest travel bug EVER and cannot wait to be able to travel to all my favorite places.
3. I LOVE LOVE sushi. It's an addiction that sadly my bank account doe
sn't support.
4. I went to school for Film, but haven fallen more in love with photography and editing. Actually, I always loved creating content and have blogged for years on another blog along with creating websites and photo edits since I was young. I honestly should've majored in photography instead.
5. I love writing. I can't tell you how many stories I've started to stop, and creative writing used to be my safe place. It helped me get through some of the most difficult times.
6. I grew up in New Jersey, but have since relocated to California where I went to college and now have started my career.
7. I'm easily irritated and annoyed. Trust me, my boyfriend hates more for it. Well...that with being probably the most emotional person on the planet.
8. I love animals. Puppies especially and COWS (weird I know).
9. I used to play like 3728847 sports - mainly soccer, gymnastics, dance, and hockey. I miss competitive sports so much and I'm considering starting aerial silks or adult gymnastics to get back in shape.
10. Twizzlers are the best candy ever invented. I'm just saying.

I'd love to learn about YOU. Share one unique fact in the comments below.

xx,

Jazz

Post a Comment

© All That Jazz. Design by FCD.