I'm so thankful ft. Ellie Active Wear

Thursday, November 23, 2017

 
There's so many things to be thankful for.

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm thankful for. It's another year away from home, from friends, from family, and spending my second year without the comfort of family, warm food, and memories I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

As much as I'm missing out on the cliche Thanksgiving traditions this year again (and driving myself crazy watching all these dogs, ahaha) I have so many things to be thankful for.

If you saw on my Instagram post yesterday, you read the thing I'm most grateful for - opportunity. I think this is something that's so easily looked over and taken for granted. What is opportunity? Well I guess that depends on the person. Some people think in material terms, wealth, a better life, being able to take trips around the world, or go to their favorite concert to meet their idol.  
 
I tend to think at my core.

I'm thankful for breathing.
I'm thankful for the ability to think for myself.
I'm thankful for my health.
I'm thankful to have things to smile about each and every day.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to bed and wake up each morning safe and sound.

It's the simple things I'm the most thankful for.


Then again, I feel I've become more of a simple person. I'm much less focused on the material things in my life. I'd be lying if I said that at a time I was focused on how much I could have, as if somehow that would make me feel better. As if having new clothes every month or a new purse measured my worth. It took a lot of hard lessons to see my happiness came from myself. So this year I've changed. I stopped looking for the next best thing and started focusing on myself. Once I did that, I became happy and for the most part I'm the happiest I've been in a long time.

One thing I'm thankful for - my blog and all of you. I know I'm not the most consistent blogger (I'm trying to change this), I know I don't have the craziest adventures, buy all the latest things, or seem so Instagram worthy sometimes but I love it. My blog has given me an outlet to vent, be myself, share my story with you all. I'm so thankful for the continuous love and support I receive every time I post something new.


 

If you didn't know, it means more than you know.

This holiday I encourage everyone to truly embrace what you're most thankful for. I'm so excited for the opportunity to continue to grow and change. I'm so excited about my new content coming soon. I'm excited for my blog to take off. I'm thankful I have the opportunity to keep pushing towards my dreams.

Stay tuned for some fun new posts for the holidays! I have some amazing partnerships lined up, some fun lifestyle posts that give more an insight into my personal life, and so many other things I hope to bring to the blog in the next year.







What do you want to see on the blog? Let me know in the comments below!

HAVE AN AMAZING TURKEY DAY BABES!


10 comments

  1. I definitely want to see what you are up to for the holidays! Keep the posts coming! and I feel you on the consistent posting! I am a college student and blogging is really just a hobby for me, but I definitely have to make an effort to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm thankful for breathing." THIS is everything! It's so true, we need reminders to be thankful for the most important things like our breath and our health. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jazz,

    This is such a lovely post. Really helps put me in a mindset of thankfulness this holiday season. Happiness truly comes from oneself and not outside sources.

    XOXO
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous post! It's important to remember what is really important, especially at this time of year. This post was such a great reminder of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love trying out new athletic wear. It always helps motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! (: I lose motivation so quick sometimes.

      Delete

© All That Jazz. Design by FCD.